Saturday 29 March 2014

Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Vanilla Sky Review

I bought the Collection eyeshadow pencil quite a while ago. I quite liked the Rimmel one that I had tried and I was eager to try this range as they seemed to have a lot more neutral colours in their range compared to the Rimmel line. I chose the shade Vanilla Sky as I thought it would work great as a base or an all over colour.
Packaging
The packaging of this is quite simple it is a chunky eyeliner pencil but what I do like about it is that the colour of the pencil corresponds to the colour of the actual product which is very handy when looking through my collection. The only downside to this is that unlike other eyeshadow sticks on the market this one doesn't twist up so you will need to sharpen it which could be a bit messy. 


Colour
There are 6 shades in the range and the majority of them are neutral colours. The problem I found with the Rimmel range was that there wasn't many neutral colours and they are the only eyeshadow colours I wear. Vanilla Sky is a metallic cream toned nude which looks really pretty. When I first got it I used it as a base for other eyeshadows and as an all over colour on my lids as it was very quick and easy to apply. However I recently read about this on someone's blog and they were talking about using it as a highlight for the inner corner of the eye. I began to start using it in this way and I really liked how it looked I have also used it as a highlight on the brow bone. I really like products that have multiple purposes as I feel that I get a lot more use out of them. 

Formula 
The formula of this is very smooth and glides on if you want to blend it out you need to do so quickly as it dries very fast. This is good if you are in a rush as you don't need to worry about smudging. The colour is really long lasting and will last the whole day. I want to get the bronze shade from this range as it would be great for a wash of colour on the lids and it would last all day. The colour is very pigmented and you don't have to press the pencil too hard to get the product to transfer to your skin. 

These are slightly cheaper than the Rimmel ones at £3.19 whereas the Rimmel ones are £4.49 and I have to say that I prefer the Collection ones. I feel that the colour range is much better and the actual formula is more long lasting and pigmented than the Rimmel ones. 


Product: Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil
Price: £3.19
Shades: Vanilla Sky, Gunmetal Glitz, Vintage Blush, Hot Chocolate, Midnight Glam, Denim Diva
Where to buy: Boots and Superdrug 
Score: 8/10


Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis