Saturday 26 April 2014

MUA Power Pouts Review

So I think we all know that I am a massive fan of the lip crayon. I have many of the Revlon ones and one from ELF. so I knew when MUA released their own version that I would have to get some of them.


MUA Power Pouts
The 2 shades I picked up were Broken Hearted and Runway. Broken Hearted is the more wearable shade out of the two. 

MUA Power Pouts

MUA Power Pouts
Packaging
The packaging is identical to other lip crayons such as the ones from Revlon and Bourjois. I liked that the packaging is the same colour as the product inside as it makes it easier to find them within my collection. The packaging feels quite secure and I'd carry these around in my handbag without any fear that the lid may fall off. The only downside is that the writing rubs off the packaging over time but I have found this to be the case with the Revlon ones as well. These products twist up so you don't have to worry about sharpening them which makes them very good for travelling. 


MUA Power Pouts
Colour
Broken Hearted is a raspberry pink which at first seems quite sheer but the colour can be built up to make it more vibrant. Broken Hearted is more of an everyday colour and I have worn this quite a lot. Runway is a vibrant red with orange undertones. I don't wear this colour as often but I do really like it for when I want something a bit more dramatic. 

MUA Power Pouts

MUA Power Pouts
Formula
They have a slight minty scent to them which some people don't like but I don't have a problem with it as it is very faint and it fades away once you've applied it to the lips. They feel very light on the lips which makes them suitable to wear throughout the day. Although they are glossy they aren't sticky which is good as I hate sticky lip products. The Revlon lip crayons are marketed as stains whereas these aren't and so they don't last as long about 3-4 hours before you need to reapply them. These are quite moistursing and don't dry out my lips. 

Overall I really like these, they are very affordable at just £3 and there are 6 shades available. I would like to see MUA expand their range as I'd love to see some new colours as these are my favourite type of lip colours to wear. I think I may do a comparison post as I have tried a lot of different lip crayons. 

Product: MUA Power Pout
Price: £3
Shades: Broken Hearted, Runway, Crazy In Love, Irreplaceable, Justify, Rendezvous 
Where to buy: Superdrug, MUA
Score: 7/10 

Have you tried these? What's your favourite lip crayon?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis