Friday 20 February 2015

Revlon Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow Review

One thing that Revlon do really well is lip products. They have a really good range of lip products with different finishes and colours. Today I am going to be reviewing the Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow (12). 
Revlon Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow
Firstly I love the packaging of this lipgloss it looks very high end. It has a clear tube and a black lid with a gold rim. The packaging reminds me of something from Chanel. I like packaging if I can see the colour of the product as it makes it easier to find in my collection. 

Revlon Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow
Pink Afterglow is a sheer sparkly mid-toned pink. If you don’t like sparkly lipglosses than this is not for you. This lipgloss comes with a standard doe foot applicator. This lipgloss is very sheer so if you are looking for colour then this is not one to go for. In the swatches for this post I have worn it by itself to show you the colour payoff but normally I wear it on top of a lipstick to add a bit of sparkle. I often pair it with Pink in the Afternoon which is also from lipstick or a nude lipstick. 

Revlon Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow

Revlon Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow
The lipgloss isn’t too sticky but it can be a bit gritty due to the glitter in it but it isn’t unbearable. For a lipgloss it lasts pretty well. This lipgloss can be a bit drying on the lips and I think this is due to the glitter in it. The lipgloss does have a faint scent but it isn’t noticeable on the lips. 

Revlon Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow
Overall I like this gloss but it isn’t my favourite. I think there are better ones available which provide more colour and aren’t as sticky. I have just tried one from Poundland and I have been pretty impressed. Revlon lipglosses are quite pricy at £6.99 and considering they are quite sheer that is a lot of money.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis