Monday 28 May 2012

Elf Haul



This was the first time I've purchased anything from elf. I was a little sceptical at first as I have heard mixed reviews about them. A lot of youtubers have said how good they are but when I went on the website there were comments saying that they hadn't received their order and they'd been sent the wrong things. But eventually I decided to make some purchases. When I ordered my things they had a free delivery promotion.



First of all I ordered the 10 piece brush set which was £12. The brushes are really good and they are so soft. Brushes on the website are quite cheap the normal range brushes cost £1.50 but they do have some other brushes which are £3.50. I have been looking for some good brushes and these brushes are really good considering the price you are paying for them.




I ordered the gem tool kit which cost me £6. I really wanted some eyelash curlers and it made sense to buy this set as it included a mirror and some tweezers. These thinks always come in handy and they were so pretty as well. It will be interesting to see how long the gems stay on but for now they are really good.



I bought a small brush holder so that I could but my brushes in and keep them safe. It cost me £5. There isn't really much to say about this other than it is a bit like a pencil pot. It is black with eyes lips face written on it which is what elf stands for.

I then ordered the dual eyeliner sharpener. The think that is good about this is that it can sharpen broader eyeliner pencils. On the website it is called the dual pencil sharpener but it also comes with can extra sharpener so in a way you are getting 3 sharpeners for £1.50 which is a good deal.

I really love nail polishes and all of the nail polishes from elf are £1.50. I decided to buy a neutral pink colour which is in the shade nude. It is a lovely pale pink colour that if I’d had it when I did my top nail polish collection then this colour would have defiantly been in it.
All in all elf is a really good website. The products are really cheap and of quite good quality for the price. However my only problem with it is that sometimes the colours on the screen don’t actually reflect what the product is going to look like. That is my only complaint considering people were moaning about not receiving their order mine came quite quickly. I ordered it Saturday afternoon and I knew that Monday was a bank holiday I thought I’d have to wait a bit longer for it to arrive. I got an email on Wednesday saying my order had been dispatched and I got it on Thursday.  So was pleasantly surprised.
Check out the website

2 comments:

  1. Great haul, I like the look of the gem tool kit!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The gem tool kit is really good and the gems haven't fallen off yet like I expected them to.

      Delete

AddThis