Saturday 6 April 2013

Dainty Doll Concealer Review


Dainty Doll Concealer box
I got this from Fragrance Direct with my birthday money along with some other makeup goodies which I will be reviewing shortly. I thought I would start with the concealer as this was what I was most looking forward to try however it is the product I am the most disappointed with.



Dainty Doll Concealer abracadabra 002
I chose the shade Abracadabra 002 as this is the second lightest shade as I thought the lightest shade would be too pale. Dainty Doll is a brand that targets pale skin so I thought it would be perfect for me as although I am not extremely pale I am quite pale and usually have to have the lightest shade of foundation. This is actually a good match for my skin which I was really pleased with. 


Dainty Doll Concealer
I love the packaging of this as it is very sleek and feels high quality. It is in a very sturdy case and has a decent size mirror  which makes it great to apply on the go. 


Dainty Doll Concealer
The texture is meant to be creamy. It says that it can cover blemishes and  under eye circles. The concealer contains shea butter, vitamin E, antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties.  


Dainty Doll Concealer swatch
However I find the concealer to be quite dry and difficult to blend. Once it is blended though it does look really nice. It covers blemishes and dark circles really well. I will use this but I will only use it when I actually have time to apply it. This does take awhile to blend in and at times if I haven't probably moisturised then it can be a bit dry. 

I'm really glad that I didn't spend the original price (£14.50) and only spent £1.99 on it because I don't think that it is worth the nearly £15. 

Have you tried this? Are your thoughts different to mine or the same?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

2 comments:

  1. I bought this and lots of other Dainty Doll products too.. the prices were insane! I love this concealer for blemishes but it really is hard to blend :( xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I found it difficult to blend which puts me off using it x

      Delete

AddThis