Sunday 22 June 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder Review


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I ordered this powder awhile ago from Fragrance Direct as I'd heard a lot of great things about it. Unless you've been living under a rock you will know that this powder is super popular amongst bloggers and youtubers. I've had this review in my drafts for ages. The main reason that it has taken me this long to review it is because the first time I used it I was disappointed. To me it just seemed like an ordinary face powder it didn't do anything particularly special and I just couldn't understand what all the hype was about.

However a couple of months ago my skin was very oily which I found odd as my skin is usually normal- dry. As a result a lot of the makeup I was using was not working on my oily skin I found that I was becoming shiny throughout the day which is something that I hadn't really had to deal with before so I decided to try the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which I had put in my collection and almost forgotten about.

I am glad I did go back and try this as it really helped me through my period of oily skin. I found that it did reduce the shine and although I did have to touch it up throughout the day I didn't have to touch up as much as I'd been doing with the other powders in my collection. I now understand the hype this powder is really good if you have oily skin but if you don't have oily skin and you don't get shiny throughout the day then this powder won't be amazing for you. Don't get me wrong it sets your foundation just as good as other powders but I think in order to understand the hype you really need to have oily skin in order to understand why everyone raves about this powder.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
This powder is good as it comes in a variety of shades, I got the shade Transparent so it doesn't add any extra colour to my skin. The powder feels very light on my skin and doesn't look cakey. It controls my shine for most of the day. When I apply it at 7 in the morning I find I don't need to touch it up until about 1ish so it lasts a really long time. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
My only issue with the powder is the packaging. The packaging unlike my Maybelline Fit Me Powder doesn't feel very secure and I'm always nervous about taking it with me in my handbag or makeup bag as the lid has a tendency to fall off. Also I notice with this powder although it has more product than the Maybelline one (this one has 14g of product the Maybelline one has 9g) this one seems to have gone down much quicker despite the fact that I have used the Maybelline one more. 

Overall this is an good powder if you have oily skin but if you don't have oily skin then you'll probably find this powder at bit meh.

Have you tried this powder? What do you think?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis