Tuesday 26 August 2014

Botanics All Bright Toner Review


Botanics All Bright Toner
I bought this toner after seeing it in someone's haul video on Youtube. I have tried a few things from the Botanics range in the past and have been happy with their products so I thought I would give this a try. On a side note I have heard that Botanics have released a Micellar Water so I am very interested in trying that out. Within the Botanics range they have a variety of different ranges that are for different skin types. This is from the All Bright range. I was very interested in a product that claimed to brighten the skin. 

One of the main reasons that I bought this is because it is said to be similar to the Pixi Glow Tonic (£16.00), which is quite expensive and very difficult to get hold of. This is a much cheaper alternative (£3.99 normally although it is often on offer) and easy to get hold of as it is sold in Boots. For those of you that haven't heard of the Pixi Glow Tonic, firstly where have you been? Secondly it is a chemical exfoliant which removes the top layer of your skin to reveal fresh new skin. The Pixi Glow Tonic uses natural ingredients and is alcohol free whereas the Botanics one isn't. For me this isn't a major problem but it is something to be aware of as alcohol in skincare products can dry out your skin. 

Botanics All Bright Toner

Botanics All Bright Toner
This toner claims to tighten pores, brighten skin and leave skin feeling fresh. I use this toner after I have cleansed my skin. I pour a little bit onto a cotton pad and rub it all over my skin. I haven't really notice it tighten my pores. I have noticed that it removes impurities on my face, even after double cleanser this toner still manages to remove dirt from my face, which is good as it leaves my skin feeling very clean afterwards. My skin definitely feels much fresher after using this but it doesn't feel tight after use unlike some toners. I would recommend moisturising after using it though as the alcohol in it could dry out your skin. I think this toner also helps to brighten up my skin and help it look more healthy

In my opinion the only downside to this product is the smell. It has a floral scent but you can certainly smell the alcohol in it. The smell is not too strong though so it is still usable however if the smell was really strong I don't think I'd be able to use it. I have read that some people like the smell so it is 100% down to personal preference. 

Overall I really rate this toner as I can see a difference in my skin after I use it. In the past I have used toners that seem to do very little for my skin so I am glad to have found one that isn't too expensive but I can still see results. I really recommend this toner and the Botanics range in general as they have some really nice products. I have a my eye on a few more products from the All Bright range: the new Micellar Water, the Day and Night Cream and the Cleansing Foam Wash. 

Have you tried this toner? Do you have any Botanics recommendations?  

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis