Tuesday 2 September 2014

Calvin Klein Tempting Glimmer Cream Eyeshadow in Bare Silk Review


Calvin Klein Cream Eyeshadow in Bare Silk
I really like the Maybelline Colour Tattoos but I feel that their shade range lacks neutral colours. They seem to have a lot of bright colours but not as many neutrals although I know there are more neutral shades available in the US. When I saw the Calvin Klein Tempting Glimmers in Poundland I knew I had to pick up a few of the colours. I picked up Bare Silk as something I really want from the Colour Tattoo line is a cream colour that can be used as a base for other eyeshadows and Bare Silk was the closest shade I could find to match this description. 

Calvin Klein Cream Eyeshadow in Bare Silk
Firstly lets talk about the packaging. The Calvin Klein makeup range is now discontinued and you can find their products on many discount websites. The makeup range was higher end (the RRP of these was £16) but I don't feel that the packaging represents this. The eyeshadow comes in a plastic pot which makes them feel very cheap in comparison to the Maybelline ones which come in a glass pot. I do like the lids though, as they match the colour of the product which makes it easier to find certain colours within my collection.


Calvin Klein Cream Eyeshadow in Bare Silk
I mainly use this shade as a base for other eyeshadows. This helps to make my eyeshadow last longer, more pigmented and brighter as well. 

Calvin Klein Cream Eyeshadow in Bare Silk
I find that the formula of this one is much wetter than the Colour Tattoos therefore it takes a little longer to completely dry. With it being wetter it makes it much easier to blend and you don't have to do it as quickly before it drys. Once it does dry it is very similar to the Colour Tattoos in that it stays put for a very long time.  I think the Colour Tattoos do last just a little bit longer than these as I find that this one does fade a little throughout the day whereas my Colour Tattoo doesn't. 

Overall I am happy with this as it is the perfect base for other eyeshadows. Although it does fade slightly it remains on my eyes for most of the day and if you have eyeshadow over the top of it the fading isn't very noticeable. I have a few other shades from this range which I will be showing you in the future. 

Have you got a favourite cream eyeshadow?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis