Thursday 9 October 2014

How Has University Been So Far?

On Saturday 13th September I moved to University. It is the most exciting and nerve racking thing I have ever done and so far I am really enjoying it. The first week 13th- 20th was known as Welcome Week so I didn't have any proper lectures and a variety of different events were arranged so you had the opportunity to meet people on your course. The week starting on Monday 22nd we  had proper lectures although our first lectures were just explaining what we would be doing throughout the year. On the Tuesday we had a leadership day and everyone on my course went to the Sports Arena and we did different teamwork activities, I really enjoyed this day as I got to meet people on my course and get to know them a bit better.

So far I am really enjoying my course and I am finding it really interesting. I have made lots of new friends. One thing I was nervous about when moving to university is the drinking culture that surrounds student life. I don't drink so I was very worried about moving to uni because I didn't want to be the only one who didn't drink and I also was really worried that I would be pressured into drinking but so far most people have been very understanding and I have met people who also don't drink or don't drink very much. If the drinking culture at university worries you then I want to tell you not to let it stop you from going. Yes drinking is a big part of university but there are other things available that don't involve drinking.

At the moment I am so glad I moved to university and I can safely say it is the best decision I have ever made.

If you have any questions about university then please don't be afraid to ask them and I'll do my best to answer them.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis