Thursday 7 May 2015

Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking Review

Today I am reviewing the Trylle trilogy. I have decided to review the entire trilogy in one post. The reviews may contain spoilers. I hadn’t heard much about this trilogy when I picked the first book up in Tesco but it sounded quite interesting and I thought I would give it a go. I really enjoyed this trilogy and I am glad I picked it up. On a side note I just wanted to mention the covers of these books, they are so beautiful and I love the colour combinations. 
Switched by Amanda Hocking
Switched by Amanda Hocking
My Rating: 4
Goodreads Rating: 3.89
Published by: Tor
Pages: 328
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Switched is the first novel in the trilogy. Wendy’s mother tried to kill her when she was younger as she claimed that she had been swapped at birth. Wendy meets Finn who explains to her that she was swapped at birth and she is in fact a Trylle (troll) which explains her ability to influence people’s decisions. As part of Trylle tradition babies are switched with human babies. Wendy discovers that she is part of the Trylle royal family and there is some unrest in the Trylle and it is up to Wendy to put a stop to it. I thought the idea of using trolls was very interesting and unique. I thought the way that Amanda Hocking had thought about all the different customs and traditions was very good. Trolls is a unique character choice for a novel I don’t think I have read any other books about trolls and I really enjoyed it.   

Torn by Amanda Hocking
Torn by Amanda Hocking
My Rating: 4
Goodreads Rating: 4.04
Published by: Tor
Pages: 324
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Wendy is overwhelmed by the new changes in her life so she decides to run away however when she is kidnapped and realises she is closer to her enemies than she first thought she must make some difficult decisions. Wendy struggles to decide between two guys; Finn and Loki both are people that she can’t be with. Ultimately she must make a decision that will save her people. I liked this book as you get to learn more about Wendy’s past and who her parents are. We learn that Wendy is very powerful and both her parents are royal but her father is the king of the Vittra who are her enemies. We also get to learn more about the Trylle politics which are very complex and interesting to read about. I really enjoyed the development of the relationship between Wendy and Loki although it was a bit disappointing that her and Finn can’t be together. 

Ascend by Amanda Hocking
Ascend by Amanda Hocking
My Rating: 5
Goodreads Rating: 4.08
Published by: Tor
Pages: 326
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Ascend is the final book in the trilogy and it did not disappoint. At the end of Torn Wendy become engaged to her friend Tove in order to protect the kingdom. They have a great friendship but they are not in love they are getting married purely to protect the kingdom. Wendy becomes queen in this novel after her mother dies and a battle between the Vittra ensues. I was really pleased with how the character of Wendy developed offer the three books. Wendy’s relationships were also very interesting in this book. The relationship between Finn and Wendy was finally ended and she ended up being with Loki which I did not see coming but I was very happy with it.

I really enjoyed this trilogy and unlike a lot of trilogies I enjoyed all the books.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis