Thursday 6 June 2013

Two Quick Reviews Of Some Revlon Products

I'm back. Finally my exams are over and I can go back to concentrating on my blog. I am so glad to be finally back as  I have missed blogging so much. I have lots of posts planned for you to make up for my lack of posts. I also want to take this opportunity to say thank you as a few days ago I reached 160 followers, I am so surprised by how many of you read my blog. I was going to hold a giveaway when I reached 150 but now I am going to wait until 200 as it will give me time to save up and buy a prize. Do you have any suggestions for prizes please remember that I am on a budget so I won't be able to giveaway anything too expensive. Anyway I'm going to get on with the post.  



When I went to the Original Factory Shop a few weeks ago I picked up these two Revlon beauties. I got the Revlon Colourburst lip gloss in Bordeaux and the Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow quad in Coffee Bean. The eyeshadow has been discontinued and replaced by the 16 hour eyshadow range. 

Revlon Colourburst lip gloss in Bordeaux
First off the lip gloss. Revlon are famous for their lip products with their Lip Butters and Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains which are extremely popular with beauty bloggers. (I know I love them)
Revlon Colourburst lip gloss in Bordeaux







I had hopes for this lip gloss and it did not disappoint. I have never been a massive fan of lip gloss as I find that they are sticky and lack colour so I choose to wear lipstick but this isn't sticky and is highly pigmented.  

Revlon Colourburst lip gloss in Bordeaux Swatch
The colour is a berry colour with gold shimmer running through it. I love this colour and I think it would be perfect in the autumn/winter. 

Revlon Colourburst lip gloss in Bordeaux  Lip Swatch
The application of this is lovely as the doe foot applicator is flexible which makes it easier to apply. The packaging as always with Revlon is beautiful. I will definitely be on the hunt to find more of these. 

Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow in Coffee Bean
The eyeshadow quad is slightly disappointing compared to the lip gloss. I consider Revlon to be at the higher end of the drugstore and considering the new 16 hour eyeshadow quads retail at £7.99, I feel this lacks the pigmentation that I expected. The pigmentation is not rubbish by any stretch of the imagination as you'll see by the swatches below but I don't think that the product would be worth £7.99. 

Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow in Coffee Bean
I do quite like this quad as you can create so many different looks with it but I feel that the lighter shades do lack pigmentation and I expected them to be better quality considering how good other Revlon products are. 

Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow in Coffee Bean Swatch


I love the lip gloss as it is so pigmented and quite long lasting considering it is a lip gloss. It looks super shiny on my lips and I will be looking into buying some more. Another thing I like about it is that you can see the colour of the product which is handy when it is sitting with my other lip products. 

Have you tried any of these? Do you have any recommendations of shades to try from the lip gloss range?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love the neutral shade so much

    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have that Revlon lip gloss in Bordeaux, it's one of my all-time favorites! :) I haven't tried their eyeshadows in years though, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's one of my favourites too x

      Delete

AddThis