Wednesday 14 January 2015

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

Today I am going to be sharing my views on Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding. I am going to say something that I don’t normally say but I preferred the film to the book.
The book seems to just go on and on and I feel very little sympathy in the book for Bridget. In the book she is very annoying and always seems to be moaning about problems that are pretty small. Some people like this has they say it shows a ‘real’ person who they can relate to however I did not find that could relate to Bridget at all.
When I watched the film I enjoyed it because it was very simple and easy to follow. I really enjoy watching rom-coms so I did like the film although it wasn’t the best I had ever seen.  Obviously the film is a lot shorter than the book so they had taken out the boring bits from the book. When I was reading the book I really struggled to get through it. I found a lot of things seemed to be repeated and I did not like how above every diary entry it talked about weight and calories. I don’t think it was necessary to have this all the time. Bridget was obsessed with her weight and men, I personally feel that these are not important and I would have preferred it if the author had made Bridget happier with being single as her constant whining about not having a boyfriend was annoying and completely unnecessary as you don’t need a boyfriend to be happy.

Usually I enjoy reading these sort of light hearted romance books but this one was really boring. I did not like Bridget at all and as I result I was too interested in her story. I have the 2 other books in the series which I will read as I have them but I can’t say that I am looking forward to reading them. I’d suggest watching the film as it is a lot better than the book. I gave this book 2 stars out of 5 on Goodreads.

Have you read this book what did you think of it?
Prettylittlefashionista xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis