Monday 19 January 2015

Winter Essentials

 Today I thought I would share with you some of my beauty and random winter essentials. In the past few days it has been very cold so I thought now was the perfect time to share my essentials that I reach for when the weather is colder.

Winter Essentials
First thing is body butter, I use body butters and lotions all year round but in winter I use them a lot more as I find my skin is a lot drier. The one I have been reaching for is the Sanctuary Body Butter. It is so moisturising and the smell is amazing. I love applying this after I have had a shower in the evening as I can smell it for ages after applying it and smells so luxurious that it feels like I am at a spa. 

Winter Essentials
For me hand and foot cream is essential especially when the weather is windy like it has been as my hands get so dry. My favourite hand cream to use at the moment is the Yes To Carrots Hand Cream this has a lot of natural ingredients such as carrot seed oil and sweet potato. It has a light scent and it leaves my hands feeling so soft and not at all greasy. I apply this throughout the day but I really enjoy applying it before I go to bed as when I wake up my hands are lovely and soft.  The foot cream that I have been using is Soap and Glory’s Heel Genius this is quite a thick cream so I apply it overnight and wear fluffy socks so it can absorb and my feet feel very smooth in the morning. 

Winter Essentials
I change my nail polish all the time so my favourites are always changing. At the moment I am loving Nails Inc Marylebone Mews and OPI’s Diva of Geneva. 

Winter Essentials
The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter has been a favourite of mine for quite a while but I especially love it during the winter as it is very thick and hydrating. 

Winter Essentials
During the winter months I like to use a thicker moisturiser and I am currently really enjoying the L’Oreal Triple Active Day Moisturiser. I find that this really helps to moisturise my skin. I like this moisturiser as although it is thick it sinks into the skin really quickly and does not leave my face feeling greasy. 

Winter Essentials
My favourite lipstick to wear at this time of year is the Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple. It is the perfect sheer red which I feel comfortable wearing during the day. It is really hydrating on the lips and isn't too bright.  

Winter Essentials
Now for some random favourites. At the moment I am obsessed with the Nescafe Millionaire’s Shortbread Mochas I love a lot of these Nescafe sachets but these are my favourite at the moment. Hot drinks are a must for me all year but especially when it is colder. During the winter I love curling up in the evening and watching DVDs or reading a book. I have just finished The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty and I really enjoyed it. I got quite a lot of DVDs for Christmas so I am making my way through those on my watch list is Maleficent and Oz the Great and Powerful. I am also making my way through the True Blood box set and I am loving it.

What are your winter essentials?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis