Friday 13 September 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Worth The Hype?

When these launched in the UK the beauty world went crazy after years of watching and reading US bloggers rave about these it was time for us to try them in the UK. Now I was a bit sceptical about these I thought that they wouldn't live up to the hype and that they would be a waste of money. I'd previously tried the Miss Sporty version the Dr Balms and I hated them so I didn't have much hope for these. I decided that I would only get one if they were in my Boots or Superdrug and usually they don't have much stock so I was expecting them to have them but when they did I decided on Cherry Me. 
Maybelline Baby Lips
Firstly lets talk about the packaging, I love it. The packaging is fun and colourful so is very nice to have in my collection. The bright colours make it stand out in my collection and also makes it easier to find in my handbag. 

Maybelline Baby Lips
The promise of 8 hours moisturise is false I'd say it gives around 2 hours before I feel the need to reapply which is quite good for a lip balm. It does make my lips feel really soft which is good as I thought that it might be drying but it isn't.
Maybelline Baby Lips

Maybelline Baby Lips

Maybelline Baby Lips
The tint is quite sheer and it adds a nice tint to the lips. I have been wearing this a lot at school because it is easy to wear and it isn't noticeable that you need to reapply as sometimes it is difficult to reapply a lipstick whilst I'm at school. I love the scent of this it smells yummy and I have loved using this. That being said I don't think you need to buy all 6. If I was to get another one I would get one of the clear ones as these contain SPF15 but the tinted ones don't which I find slightly annoying as I want SPF in my lip balm so that it helps protect my lips. These are very affordable and I recommend trying them and if you don't like them then you haven't lost too much money.  

Maybelline Baby Lips
Overall I really like this product but I would not go out of my way to buy the others in the range.
Summary
Product: Maybelline Baby Lips 
Price: £2.99
Shades: Hydrate (blue), Intense Care (yellow), Mint Fresh (green), Cherry Me (orange), Pink Punch (pink) Peach Kiss (purple)
Where to buy: Boots and Superdrug 
Score (/10) 7 
What do you think of these?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis