Saturday 12 January 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection Review

I got this brush set for Christmas after hearing so much good things about it. Before I got this I was using ELF brushes and I thought they were good but oh my God these are amazing in comparison. There are 4 brushes in the set. The buffing brush, contour brush, detailer brush and pointed foundation brush. My favourite brush in the whole set is the buffing brush.

Buffing Brush:
I love this brush it is so soft and blends in liquid foundation really well. I use this to blend in my foundation and it blends it in so well and creates such a flawless look. This is my favourite brush in the whole collection as it is so amazing.

Contour Brush:
This brush is really good for applying blusher and bronzer. It applies blusher really well as it is the right shape to fit your cheeks.



Detailer Brush:

This is probably my least favourite brush in the whole set as I prefer to use my fingers to blend in  concealer. On the days that I have used it it has blended in the concealer really well.

Pointed Foundation Brush:
I often use this to put foundation on my face before I buff it in with the buffing brush. I have also heard people use it to blend in their concealer but I haven't tried that yet.

These brushes were created by Sam Chapman(from Pixiwoo ) The brushes are made from synthetic Taklon bristles and they are a 100% cruelty free. The brushes are £21.99 from Boots on Amazon they are only £18.83 so a little bit cheaper. The set comes with a case which makes it great for travelling and the case can be turned into a stand which is really helpful to have on your desk or dressing table. These brushes are really worth the hype and I really want to try more of the brushes. I think I'm going to get the starter kit as I really want to try them.


Have you tried these brushes?
Prettylittlefashionista xxx













6 comments:

  1. I have this set also and LOVE them! The buffing brush is amazing! I use the stippling brush to push my foundation into my skin and my buffing brush makes it look flawless! Love them!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I haven''t tried the stippling brush but really want to x

      Delete
  2. They are on my list to check, although I'd really like to try ELF's brushes next time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try any elf brushes try the ones from the studio line or the bamboo line as they are better than the ordinary line x

      Delete
  3. i have a bunch of real techniques brushes and they are awesome! :) what a great christmas present ;) you should pick up their other brushes..

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be getting some more soon. I'll probably get the eye set first x

      Delete

AddThis