Thursday 15 August 2013

Makeup Firsts and Fails Tag

I was tagged by my good friend Becki to do this tag after reading Becki's post I was excited to do this tag as I had never heard of it before. I haven't seen many other bloggers doing this tag and I thought it would be fun to do. I am actually quite lucky because I only started wearing makeup 4 or 5 years ago so I can  easily remember my firsts and fails. 

So I can remember some of the first products that I used so I will tell you about those first before moving on to my fails. Although some of my firsts happen to be fails as well. 

My first eyedshadow was a single one from Miss Sporty it was in the shade Night which was a black colour. I was going through a gothy/emo stage in which everything had to be black I even wanted to paint my room black although I'm glad I didn't. I remember going into Superdrug looking for a black eyeshadow and being very disappointed to find that not many brands did a single black eyeshadow. At the time I thought this eyeshadow was the most blackest shade that I have ever seen but in reality it really wasn't that pigmented and look more grey than black. 

I can't remember my exact first mascara but I know it was one from Miss Sporty as all my friends had it. I remember buying it and wearing it and really liking it but when it came to take it off I couldn't get it off as it was waterproof but at the time I didn't realise this. Plus I was using makeup wipes (the horror) at the time I didn't realise that they were bad for your skin. 

My first lip product was a lip gloss from 2True and it was number 22, it was a sparkly pink that was quite sticky and not very pigmented but I loved it. Another product I remember having was a clear mascara also from 2True that claimed to make your breath fresher (not sure why I bought this) and in effect all it was was a clear gloss that had a very strong mint scent. 

Now onto my fails now there have been a few as I knew very little about makeup and my mum didn't wear much at the time (I have since persuaded her to wear a little bit of makeup) so she couldn't pass on any knowledge and I started wearing makeup long before I discovered YouTube and the beauty community. 

One of the biggest fails that I remember was wearing bright blue eyeshadow (yes you read that right bright blue) I don't know why I wore blue eyeshadow as I am very much a neutral eyeshadow girl and I barely ever wear any other colour on my lids. I can remember the day very clearly I was going on a trip to France with my school and I wanted to impress everyone so decided to wear makeup. I had recently got an issue of Top of the Pops magazine (do they even still make this!) and it came with a bright blue eyeshadow. So I decided to wear it. I had to get up early to go on the trip I think it was like 3 or 4 in the morning so it was still dark outside. I was half asleep when I applied my eyeshadow with the sponge applicator (cringe) and because it was quite dark in my house I didn't realise how bad it was until I got on the coach and my friend asked me what I had on my eyes. I was so embarrassed as I thought I looked great so I did what any normal person would do I blamed it on my mum and told my friend that my mum and made me wear it. I can't believe that I actually did this and it mortifies me that I even tried to blame it on my mum. 

I think most people have committed this crime but it is when you wear a foundation shade that is way too dark for you. I remember having a Miss Sporty (this seems to be featuring a lot in this post) foundation which I had got the middle shade as they hadn't got the lightest shade in stock and me being impatient couldn't wait for them to get it back in so I got the next shade. This was the most orangest foundation I have seen it made me look so orange that I wouldn't have been surprised if someone had mistaken me for a Wotsit (those orange crisps that you used to get) 

This is all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll thing of some more and if I do I'll write them in another post. I tag anyone that wants to do this tag and if you do or have done this tag let me know as I'd love to read your posts.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis