Thursday, 15 August 2013

Makeup Firsts and Fails Tag

I was tagged by my good friend Becki to do this tag after reading Becki's post I was excited to do this tag as I had never heard of it before. I haven't seen many other bloggers doing this tag and I thought it would be fun to do. I am actually quite lucky because I only started wearing makeup 4 or 5 years ago so I can  easily remember my firsts and fails. 

So I can remember some of the first products that I used so I will tell you about those first before moving on to my fails. Although some of my firsts happen to be fails as well. 

My first eyedshadow was a single one from Miss Sporty it was in the shade Night which was a black colour. I was going through a gothy/emo stage in which everything had to be black I even wanted to paint my room black although I'm glad I didn't. I remember going into Superdrug looking for a black eyeshadow and being very disappointed to find that not many brands did a single black eyeshadow. At the time I thought this eyeshadow was the most blackest shade that I have ever seen but in reality it really wasn't that pigmented and look more grey than black. 

I can't remember my exact first mascara but I know it was one from Miss Sporty as all my friends had it. I remember buying it and wearing it and really liking it but when it came to take it off I couldn't get it off as it was waterproof but at the time I didn't realise this. Plus I was using makeup wipes (the horror) at the time I didn't realise that they were bad for your skin. 

My first lip product was a lip gloss from 2True and it was number 22, it was a sparkly pink that was quite sticky and not very pigmented but I loved it. Another product I remember having was a clear mascara also from 2True that claimed to make your breath fresher (not sure why I bought this) and in effect all it was was a clear gloss that had a very strong mint scent. 

Now onto my fails now there have been a few as I knew very little about makeup and my mum didn't wear much at the time (I have since persuaded her to wear a little bit of makeup) so she couldn't pass on any knowledge and I started wearing makeup long before I discovered YouTube and the beauty community. 

One of the biggest fails that I remember was wearing bright blue eyeshadow (yes you read that right bright blue) I don't know why I wore blue eyeshadow as I am very much a neutral eyeshadow girl and I barely ever wear any other colour on my lids. I can remember the day very clearly I was going on a trip to France with my school and I wanted to impress everyone so decided to wear makeup. I had recently got an issue of Top of the Pops magazine (do they even still make this!) and it came with a bright blue eyeshadow. So I decided to wear it. I had to get up early to go on the trip I think it was like 3 or 4 in the morning so it was still dark outside. I was half asleep when I applied my eyeshadow with the sponge applicator (cringe) and because it was quite dark in my house I didn't realise how bad it was until I got on the coach and my friend asked me what I had on my eyes. I was so embarrassed as I thought I looked great so I did what any normal person would do I blamed it on my mum and told my friend that my mum and made me wear it. I can't believe that I actually did this and it mortifies me that I even tried to blame it on my mum. 

I think most people have committed this crime but it is when you wear a foundation shade that is way too dark for you. I remember having a Miss Sporty (this seems to be featuring a lot in this post) foundation which I had got the middle shade as they hadn't got the lightest shade in stock and me being impatient couldn't wait for them to get it back in so I got the next shade. This was the most orangest foundation I have seen it made me look so orange that I wouldn't have been surprised if someone had mistaken me for a Wotsit (those orange crisps that you used to get) 

This is all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll thing of some more and if I do I'll write them in another post. I tag anyone that wants to do this tag and if you do or have done this tag let me know as I'd love to read your posts.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

AddThis