Thursday 2 January 2014

Best of 2013

Today I wanted to share with you my favourites products from last year. These are some of the products that I discovered during 2013.
You may have noticed when reading my blog that I don't write much about skincare or haircare and that is because I always use a skincare/haircare product until the end so I don't try new skincare out all the time as I like to finish a product before starting something new. However last year I did get into using skincare a bit  more and hopefully this year I will get even better a sticking to my routine. Last year saw Nivea bring out their In Shower Body Moisturiser this was a product that I thought couldn't possibly be moisturising enough but I was mistaken. This product has been a life safer I use it when I am in a rush and wouldn't have time to use a body butter and this has kept my skin really soft. The next product is the Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner this product protects my hair, leaves it feeling and smelling great plus it acts as a detangling product. I love this and I use it every time I wash my hair. It lasts a really long time as well so I don't need to constantly repurchase it. I have also really enjoyed the L'Oreal Micellar Solution I love these types of products for removing my eye makeup and this is really great. It removes even the most stubborn of products and it doesn't sting my eyes. This has quickly become a staple in  my skincare routine which I will be posting about in a few weeks time. 

Now onto makeup favourites. First off is the much blogged about Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer I was extremely late to the party with this one but I love it. It covers all my imperfections and under eye circles. It lasts all day and it doesn't look cakey it quickly became a staple in my everyday routine. A product that I used pretty much all through the summer was the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter this is such a gorgeous highlighter and looks beautiful in the summer. It is a unique product to find at the drugstore as not many brands sell highlighters but this one is lovely and works really well with my next favourite. After hearing many bloggers talk about Natural Collection's Blush in the shade Peach Melba I really wanted to try it but when I looked at it in the shop I didn't like the colour so instead I opted for Pink Cloud  and I am glad I did because I love it. It is a gorgeous matt pink which looks beautiful in spring/summer. Now onto eye products strangely these are all from the same brand. Last year I really got into winged eyeliner and when I started practising I bought a cheap felt liner as I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I didn't like the look and also I needed to practise. I bought the Collection Extreme Felt Liner and I love it. It took me a long time to perfect my technique but now that I have this looks really good. It glides on really easily and it is a deep black. It dries really quickly once on so it doesn't smudge and it lasts the whole day. My last makeup favourite is the Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencils many brands bought out eyeshadow pencils last year but the Collection ones are by far the best out of the ones I've tried. I love the shade range as the majority of shades are neutral colours. The product is very long lasting on the lids and works as a base for other eyeshadows or by themselves. I have worn these a lot to school as they are so quick to apply. My last 2 favourites are nail favourites. Last year I tried OPI for the first time and I fell in love with their polishes. The one in the picture is I'm All Ears  which is a gorgeous sparkly pink but this represents all of my OPI polishes as I love them all. My last favourite is another range of nail polishes represented by one polish. The Barry M Gelly Hi Shine range was a must for me during the summer. I love the shade range of these and the texture is amazing. I am so glad that I tried these polishes as I wasn't going to originally as I thought I had to many but I just had to try them as I kept seeing them appear on blogs and I'm so glad I did as I love them.

What were your favourites in 2013?


Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis