Saturday 15 December 2012

Guest Post: Cozy and Colorful Winter Accessories: My Four Favorite Staples


Getting out my winter wardrobe is one of my favourite times of the year because I get to rediscover those fashion accessories that I haven't had a chance to wear since the leaves started peeking out of trees last spring. And of course, I always take some time to fill out my wardrobe with a few more pieces that bring in this season's colours and trends. There are four kinds of accessories I really couldn't live without during the winter months!
1. Huge Scarves
Some girls go for those little scarves that feel like there's nothing around your neck, but I go to the other extreme. The more fabric the better, although I do have a few lighter ones for warmer, not-quite-winter days. With so many different ways to tie a scarf, I can find a cute way to wear one with just about every outfit. And I've also been known to use my scarves as a wrap when my shoulders and arms get a little chilly!

2. Brightly Coloured Tights
I tend to stick to muted colours in my wardrobe, but I go a little crazy when it comes to footed tights. I have them in just about every colour of the rainbow, and even if people aren't going to see more than a few inches of them, I'm almost always wearing a pair. That splash of colour is unexpected and can make an outfit so much more interesting.


3. Boots, Boots, and More Boots
I can't remember a single day last winter when I didn't wear boots. They're so versatile, and now that I've built up a collection of more pairs than I care to admit, I have boots to match any outfit I want to wear. Whether I need to dress an outfit up or down, there's a pair of boots that does the trick. Plus, I hate having cold ankles during the winter, and boots are my saving grace.

4. Cute Hats and Earmuffs
I also hate it when my ears are cold, but since I live in the city I do a lot of walking outside during the day. That's why adorable hats and earmuffs are absolutely essential for me during the winter. I love that I can toss on a pair of earmuffs without worrying about messing up my hair. My favourite pair has headphones built in so I can listen to tunes, too. When I know I'll be out for a while, I opt for a cozy knit hat instead to keep my whole head warm.
With these four awesome accessories, I can turn just about any plain outfit into something stylish and cozy. I also love how I can get away with wearing the same basic clothes on a pretty tight rotation because mixing and matching accessories changes up the look so much. Plus, my friends and family all know what to get me for Christmas.

Today's guest post came from Beltsandbangles.com if you are interested in writing a guest post then email me at prettylittlefashionista@hotmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of huge scarves and they help me keep warm during winter months, I love them!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis